This season, the NouHätä! competitions will be partly digital and partly live. The qualification phase of the competition will take place from 27 February to 17 March. The qualifying competition will determine the best teams from the rescue departments for the regional competition in April.
The competition is open to eighth graders in teams of three. There is no limit to the number of teams per school. The digital qualifying competition is held on a computer or mobile device. In addition to theory questions, the competition includes picture tasks.
- The qualifying round of the NouHätä! competition will take place on an online platform, which will be open from 27 February to 17 March 2023. The qualifying competition can be completed at any time during the opening hours of the online platform.
- The qualification will be carried out in teams, and each team will have one opportunity to qualify. The competition may NOT be completed as an individual event.
- Team size is three (3) persons.
- The team will complete the qualification under supervision, for example, under the supervision of a teacher.
- Teams do not need to be separately registered for the competition.
- The maximum time limit is 25 minutes.
- The team will come up with a team name, which will be added at the time of logging in.
- The qualifying competition can be done in Finnish, Swedish or English.
- The organizers of the regional competitions will invite the best teams of the qualifying competition to the regional competitions per rescue department. The regional competition will take place on Tuesday 4.4.2023.
The guidelines for the qualifying competition have been sent to the schools that have registered for the campaign. Schools have been provided with a link to the online platform to participate in the competition.
A total of 543 schools are participating in NouHätä! this year. We hope that the number of participants this year will break records. Be part of the race for the NouHätä! championship and win great prizes.
Registration for the NouHätä! campaign continues for a week until 10.2. Registration continues so that every school that wants to participate may do so. Up to this point XXX schools all over Finland have registered.
Schools registered for the campaign will be invited to the digital qualifying competition. The qualifying competition begins 27.2. and ends 17.3.
Information session about the competitions for schools
An information session for schools about the competition will be organized 15.2. at 14.00. The event will briefly review this springs competition. Participants also have a chance to ask question at the event.
You can register for the information session until 15.2. at 12.00. The event will be held only in Finnish.
In 2022, NouHätä! competitions will be held partly online and partly as live events. The qualifying round will take place online, while regional finals and the grand final will be held traditionally as live events. The competition will be held in teams. Schools that have signed up for the competition will be sent detailed instructions on how to participate.
Based on previous experiences and survey results, the online competition format has been received well. The online competition is also easier to take part in. Last year, the online qualifying round attracted more than 6,200 participants, which is twice that of qualifying rounds in previous years.
This year, after the online qualifying round, regional finals to determine the best team in each rescue district will be held traditionally as live events. In the grand final, the best teams from each rescue district compete for the NouHätä Finnish championship at the Emergency Services Academy in Kuopio.
All stages of the competition will be held in teams of three. In the qualifying round, the number of teams allowed from each school is not limited. In later stages, the number of participating teams is limited by municipality or district.
Instructions for the online qualifying round will be sent to participating schools after the end of the sign-up period. For more information on how the regional finals will be held, contact your local rescue department.
NouHätä! competitions are organised according to COVID safety guidelines.
NouHätä! 2022 competition schedules
Qualifying round 28 February to 18 March 2022
Regional finals 7 April 2022
Grand final 28 April 2022
Signups to the competition are open. Sign up your school now!